Introductions

Chit chat general. Habla con los MojonTwins y con los amigos de los MojonTwins. Reza a Vah-ka. Delinque. Aviso: está PROHIBIDO tirarse peos fuerte. Si les cortas el pescuezo, vale.

Moderador: na_th_an

andydansby

Introductions

Mensajepor andydansby » Vie, 30 Dic 2016, 12:41

Hello, I would like to introduce myself. I'm Andy and of course a fan of the Speccy. I am starting to learn the Churro Engine and would eventually like to write a game in it. In my pursuit to do so, I have started translating the documents (Churro and MK2 to English) which of course is my native language. On the World of Spectrum forums, I have posted the PDF of the Churro Engine documents. Currently, I am close to doing the same for the MK2 engine.

The Churro Maker English document is at https://1drv.ms/b/s!Atc34t6eCvqjxH71PzJA3pS5u8Vp. It's an indexed PDF. Soon I will post a link to the English MK2 engine documentation in an indexed PDF as well.

Thanks
Andy Dansby
na_th_an

Re: Introductions

Mensajepor na_th_an » Mar, 03 Ene 2017, 09:45

Hello, Andy, thanks for your effort! We really were in need of a proper English translation.

I'll check it out, in case I spot something (the original Spanish tutorial had a couple of small mistakes) I'll contact you.

Thanks again, and happy new year!
Como diría Rorshach: "Urm..."
andydansby

Mensajepor andydansby » Mié, 04 Ene 2017, 10:29

Sorry the link has changed since my last posting as I am updating this document. The new link is
https://1drv.ms/b/s!Atc34t6eCvqjyBwrRKv0czQU932B. It's still a work in progress since the document is very large. I'm not sure who the original author is, but it is a very comprehensive document. I would love to see another chapter (written in the same lighthearted easy to follow manner) on sound effects and music. Perhaps one on 128k.

As for the MK2 engine, my work in progress is at https://1drv.ms/b/s!Atc34t6eCvqjxQDisCBDkV9DIIu0. This is a translation of your tutorials to english, presented in a indexed PDF along with the version differences.

Thanks

Andy Dansby
andydansby

Mensajepor andydansby » Mié, 11 Ene 2017, 12:23

I just modified and added to the MK2 manual. This is a compilation of the 4 tutorials of na_th_an as well as the scripting document and also the version differences.

None of the information in this PDF is any different than can already be found on the boards, just a single place to have all the information in the same document.

The URL is
https://1drv.ms/b/s!Atc34t6eCvqjxQDisCBDkV9DIIu0

Andy Dansby
na_th_an

Mensajepor na_th_an » Lun, 20 Mar 2017, 13:23

Thanks for your efforts.

You can launch the "PRESS_FIRE ON" sections pressing the action key *or* defining the "fire zone". Sorry for the lame name.

The "fire zone" is just a rectangle on screen which will trigger the PRESS_FIRE script when the player enters it. I think it suits your needs. For example:

$this->bbcode_second_pass_code('', 'ENTERING SCREEN 6
IF TRUE
THEN
SET_FIRE_ZONE 32, 32, 96, 96
END
END

PRESS_FIRE ON SCREEN 6
IF PLAYER_IN_X 32, 96
IF PLAYER_IN_Y 32, 96
THEN
TEXT YOU_ENTERED_THE_ZONE
END
END')

If you do as above, as soon as the player enteres the rectangle defined by (32,32)-(96,96), it will trigger the PRESS_FIRE ON SCREEN 6 section. The fire zone is cleared every time you enter a new screen. You can clear it yourself with SET_FIRE_ZONE 255,255,255,255, which will never trigger.

Note that, for the interpreter, that the player enters the fire zone or that the player actually presses ACTION is the same, so further checks are needed if you want to teleport it when it steps on a certain section of the screen.
Como diría Rorshach: "Urm..."
andydansby

Mensajepor andydansby » Lun, 27 Mar 2017, 12:19

Thank you, I was calculating my area incorrectly, I was basing it on 8x8 character instead of 16x16, so my fire-zone was on top of a block of type 8 impassable tiles. Once I corrected the placement, worked like a champ. I have been using the SET_FIRE_ZONE_TILES along with IF PLAYER_TOUCHES to perform my action, however, it does not seem to trigger fire. So, I would press fire manually while in the tile to perform my action.

Thanks
Andy Dansby

Volver a “General”