La Churrera is a framework composed by a modular engine coded in C and a set of tools to make games for the ZX Spectrum. La Churrera needs z88dk to compile and uses the splib2 game library by Alvin Albrecht (*).
- The latest, stable and public version is 3.99.3c (2014-03-03) and you can download it [here].
- Son Link maintains a package with Linux executables [here].
- There’s a tutorial series (albeit in Spanish) at El Mundo del Spectrum, [here].
La Churrera uses some external code:
- splib2, game library by Alvin Albrecht.
- SFX y Phaser1 engine music player by Shiru.
- appack decompressor by dwedit, adapted by Utopian and optimized by Metalbrain.
- PSG Player by WYZ.
La Churrera is copyleft The Mojon Twins and is distributed under license CC BY-NC-SA 3.0.
(*) splib2 is a very old library. There’s a copy of the old, official website here. Due to several changes in z88dk it may be difficult to compile splib2 from the sources, so we have uploaded a precompiled version here (works in every z88dk from v1.5 to v1.10). You can also download a full z88dk10 + splib2 MS Windows package here.